A special workshop on Seed conservation, purification and biodynamic farming has been organized by Pani panchyat and Gram Gaurav Pratisthan at Shetkari Training Centre, Goti Mal ,Behind Mohan Dhaba , A/P- Khalad, Taluka Purandhar ,District Pune on 20th Jan 2014.
I am going to facilitate on Seed conservation issues which will cover following points.
1. Need and importance of conserving crop diversity in climate change, food security and nutritional security context.
2. Seed purification and upgradation methodologies.
3. Community level seed production and characterization
4. Seed collection and maintenance of crop germplasm in field.
5. Seed storage methodologies.
6. Participatory documentation of crop diversity and people’s wisdom related to crop diversity.
7. Seed conservation experiences in Different parts of India.
Note: Seed exhibition of crop diversity in different parts of Maharashtra will also be organized. You are Requested to bring seed diversity and any of documents related to Seed diversity in your area.
Also Session on Biodynamic farming systems will be delivered from Mr. Sameer Zanzurne, Satara
Registration Charges – Rs.300 which includes course material & food. Registration compulsory by phone/sms/email for workshop as limited seats are available.
Venue: Gram Gaurav Pratisthan
Shetkari Training Centre
Goti Mal, Behind Mohan Dhaba, A/P Khalad,
Taluka Purandhar, District Pune (5 kms from Saswad on Saswad-Jejuri Road)
Contact Person: Kaka Shitole (9822012442)
Prithvi Ghorpade (9822012950)
Mail ID: email@example.com