(“Farmer-led Local Resource-based Agriculture”)
Venue: Odisha University of Agriculture and Technology Campus,
MSS Hall, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
First Day: November 6, 2012
Registration: 8.00 am to 10.00 am
Inaugural session: 10.00 am to 11.15 am
–Sarvdaman Patel, President, OFAI, welcomes the gathering
– Prof. Radhamohan welcomes the Odisha organic farmers
– Natabar Sarangi, organic farmer and Sabarmatee, Sambhav: “Why Odisha needs to covert to organic farming”
11.30 am: Arrival of Chief Minister of Odisha, Mr Naveen Patnaik
11.30 am to 1.00 pm:
– Inauguration of the convention by Chief Minister
– Slide show by OFAI on organic farming in India
– Chief Minister presents shawls to pioneering organic farmers
– Chief Minister addresses the convention
Chief Minister departs
1.00-2.30 pm: Lunch
Shri. Debal Deb: Status of crop diversity in eastern India
Organic farmers will also present their perceptions
Demonstration and exchange of organic farming techniques by experienced organic farmers at various stalls and outside the hall.
7.30: Dinner and rest
November 7, 2012: 9 am to 11.00 am
Demonstration and exchange of organic farming techniques by experienced organic farmers at various stalls (continued from previous day).
11.00-1.00 pm: Session on small farmers and agriculture
– Saroj Mohanty, Keynote Speaker, on problems facing Odisha agriculture, especially small farmers and tribals
– Umendra Dutt, Keynote Speaker, Kheti Virasat Mission, Punjab
1.00-2.30 pm: Lunch
2.30 pm-4.30 pm:
Grand Panel of 15 Organic Farmers to answer all questions on organic farming from the audience.
Closure ceremony and vote of thanks
Departure of delegates
(For any clarifications on the programme, please contact: (Phone: 0674-2430176, 09938582616)
Organic Farmers Biennial Convention 2012
Dates: November 6-7, 2012 City: Bhubaneshwar (Odisha)
Venue: OUAT – Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology (www.ouat.ac.in). Please note venue change. Venue is not Adibasi Padia but the Agricultural University. Please ignore information given in Living Field newsletter as the venue had to be changed subsequently.
Local host and coordinator: Living Farms, Bhubaneshwar, Orissa
If you are attending the biennial convention, this is what you should know:
1) Buy your rail ticket to Bhubaneshwar Railway Station. Arrive there by 5th evening or 6th morning.
2) OUAT (the venue) located in the Siripur Chowk area is about 5 kms from the Railway Station.
3) Pay your registration fee in advance. OFAI has fixed a registration fee of Rs. 500/- for farmers. This includes simple basic accommodation at the venue from 5 th night to 8thmorning; vegetarian meals on the 6th and breakfast and lunch on the 7th.
4) The fee for non farmers has been fixed at Rs.1000/-This includes simple basic accommodation at the venue from 5 th night to 8thmorning; vegetarian meals on the 6th and breakfast and lunch on the 7th.
5) You may make your return bookings for the 7th evening or early 8th morning.
6) Staying arrangements are being made at the Farmer’s Hostel in the Siripur Chowk area which is 10 to 15 minutes by walk from the venue. Tent accommodation is also being planned. The facilities will be of very basic nature with separate staying and sanitary arrangements for men and women farmers.
7) Auto fare from the railway station to the venue may cost Rs. 80/- to Rs.100/-. Public transport buses are available from near the railway station. The bus route number from the railway station to the Agricultural University is 801. The bus stand is outside the railway station.
You can register with:
Plot No.1181 / 2146, Ratnakarbag-2,
Tankapani Road,Bhubaneshwar – 751018,
Or with OFAI Central Secretariat
OFAI Central Secretariat,
G-8 St Britto’s Apts.,
Feira Alta, Mapusa 403507 Goa.
Email: email@example.com www.ofai.org
Or you can also register with OFAI contact persons in your State/ nearby area
Registration Fee: You can pay into OFAI’S bank account directly. Subsequently write to firstname.lastname@example.org with payment details and request for the receipt number and a scanned copy of the receipt to be sent to you over email. Remember your receipt number and also bring along a printout of the receipt with you to the conference.
Organic Farming Association of India Axis Bank SB A/c 180010100029917 payable at Mapusa Branch (Goa), IFSC Code:UTIB0000180