The Festival programme of events has been decided as follows:
(About 2 or 3 more parallel sessions may be added, but are not yet confirmed.)
Saturday, 13th October:
- Morning, 11.30 am to 1.30 pm – Inauguration & Opening Plenary of the Festival.
- Afternoon, 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm – Seminar on ‘Biodiversity and Ecological Agriculture’
- Evening, 6 pm to 7.30 – Cultural Program.
Sunday, 14th October:
- Morning, 10 am to 1 pm – Seminar: ‘Open source seeds and Seed-Savers’ Network’
- Afternoon, 2 pm to 5 pm – Seminar on ‘IPRs, Bio-piracy and Indian legal framework’
- Evening, 6 pm to 7.30 – Cultural Programme.
Monday, 15th October:
- Morning, 10 am to 1 pm – Seminar on: ‘Adivasis and Biodiversity’
- Afternoon, 2 pm to 5 pm – Seminar on: ‘Climate Change and Biodiversity’
- Evening, 6 pm to 7.30 pm – Cultural Programme
16th October 2012
- Morning, 10 am to 1 pm – Seminar on ‘Land, Livelihoods and Biodiversity’
- Afternoon, 2 pm to 5 pm — Final Resolutions to be adopted
- 6 to 7.30 – Closing Ceremony.
Contributions towards stalls/organizational expenses of the Festival are requested to be deposited in the name of “Chetna Organic Farmers Association”, Andhra Bank, Tarnaka, Secunderabad, Account Number – 057810100062830, IFSC Code – ANDB0000578.
IMPORTANT: Please email Jacob, Ramprasad & Bharat informing about any such deposits, so that a clear record is maintained, and receipts accordingly issued. (This is a newly opened account, only for the Festival, to be closed soon after the Festival ends. An audited statement of all receipts and payments from this account will be sent to all participants.)
We earnestly request all participants to contribute @ Rs 10,000 for NGOs, and Rs 6,000 for people’s movements and farmers’ group. If you are unfunded, please try to raise money from your friends/supporters, and contribute as much as you can. But if any farmers’/people’s groups are unable to contribute, we shall still provide the stall, free of cost.
Please also confirm the number and names of those of you who need accommodation. We have presently made bookings at 3 different places for simple, shared accommodation for 200 people from the 12th October till the morning of 17th October. Upon hearing from you, we shall inform you the address where you would be accommodated. We request each one to bring 2 bedsheets.
We hope all of you have already done your travel booking to Hyderabad and back. Please bring all your exhibition material with you, including visuals like posters & photographs. Please try to provide English sub-titles for your exhibits.
Participants are also requested to bring along any musical instruments you play.
Do inform us soon if any of you would like to put up something for the evening cultural programmes, informing us the nature and duration of your performance.
We look forward to seeing all of you soon!
With warm wishes and regards,
People’s Biodiversity Festival Organizing Team